June 27, 2010

Flood of Emotion

I am emotionally flooded right now.  My soul feels like a small fish swimming in a large ocean.

When you stand at the edge of the ocean and realize how small you are, you realize how fragile you are, how totally temporary, and you wonder if you matter.

I am on the edge of a major professional milestone.  I can see the end. This is good, and yet I do not even know how to feel.

I have spent the two years gestating, growing, birthing, nursing, feeding, loving... everything but me. 

I am out of touch with my passion, my fire.

I have mastered naps, baby schedules, and development. Those things are only part of me though. My exhaustion and my tasking has left me sort of empty.

I seek many many things that I think will fill me. Nothing seems to feel right, or wrong, or inbetween.

I am very confused, and feeling very small and empty, even though my arms have never been as full as they are today.

I press into my Savior in hopes that He alone will save me from myself.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm feeling very flooded and adrift and alone right now too. Must be something in the cables. (Of the internets. Get it? I know, it was a really good one.)

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, Lisa. Love it - beautiful post. I imagine I will be at this same place in approximately 1.5 years ... !