Love in abundance is what I have in my home. Actually, in my life. That is why I chose to title my blog this way. It's true folks, and here is the proof:
I have more friends that I can keep up with, my in-town extended family requires a table for 10 when going to a restaurant- (that's almost Duggar style), I have more than one kid (that were, ahem, inside my uterus at the same time), two dogs who still love me even when I forget to feed them, 3 degrees, six parents (ask me about that later), six grandparents, and some people say my pantry could feed a third world country for at least a couple of days.
I am a lucky girl. Really, I am. I love to count my blessings even though you will often find me whining. But I'm not bragging about my abundance, seriously, because thats a little obnoxious. But, having SO much comes with lots of responsibilities. Like, for example, Emily Post would probably like to beat me with her wooden spoon/fountain pen if she knew how bad I am at thank you notes. Or, birthdays. yikes, lets not even talk about those. (PROCLAMATION: this post serves as a public apology to all the birthdays, anniversaries, and special days that I have undoubtedly forgot, please accept my sincere apology and know that I love you even though I failed to let you know I care. i'msorryandthankyouinadvanceforyourforgiveness).
Every day I see people who ask me the same question over and over:
"Golly gee Lisa Mazzio, How in the world do you do it? If I had your life I would be a disaster!"
The truth of the matter is that I don't do it that well (have you seen my closet? omg). I do a whole lot of bare minimums and mediocrity. I plan on confessing all this to you, dear reader, eventually. It is my goal to one day become an efficiency rock star, and I'm slowly figuring out my own methods. All the things I love in my life typically require some love from me. Whether its my career, my kids, my husband, or my closets. I'm hoping this explanation of the blog title is coming full circle for you now.
Happy reading...
No comments:
Post a Comment