Hi everyone-
I went to the doctor today for a growth u/s. The news was mixed.
Good news: heart rates both good, fluid levels both good, baby positions both good, mom's health = fine, everyone's body parts were in the right places.
Not as good news: They girls have reached a 25% difference in weight. Caroline weighs 4.5 lbs, and Charlotte only weighs 3.5 lbs. This is not ideal, but not yet a crisis. It could be a number of issues, but our main concern is Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome... which is when one baby hogs all the good stuff needed for growing. Is Caroline already not sharing? The umbilical blood supply to Charlotte (little baby) isn't as good as Caroline's. So what's happening? It could be that the machines measured incorrectly (apparently this is more common than you think). It could be that Caroline is already a chunky monkey. It could be that they are developing TTTS.
Bottom line is that I have to make a trip over to Maternal Fetal Medicine and see "the wizards" as my doctor called them today. They have bigger machines, and magic, and will be able to give us more definite answers. Hopefully, I'll be seeing them in the upcoming week. If in fact it is a real problem, we will deliver the babies and they will stay in the NICU for a bit.
I have clearly begun the decent into the end of this stage. I'm into weekly appointments now and my legs and feet swell like nothing I've ever imagined. ugh.
I stayed home from work this afternoon and Dan finished painting the nursery and our dresser/changing table just got delivered. I'm begging him to assemble it right now, as I sit on the couch drinking water and keeping the feet elevated.
If I had to guess, these babies are arriving in 3 weeks.
4 comments:
Hummm...you might be the closest in the pool then to their birthdate if what you're thinking comes true! Hang in there...too bad you cant teach the babies the lesson that sharing is caring just yet;) Thanks for all the posts, it really makes us feel like we're in the loop! We'll be praying that it was just a machine error and that in fact they're sharing just fine. XOXO
Hang in there friend! Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I will definitely be praying for good results next week and healthy babies when they arrive :)
I only want to add that you just need to keep your faith close to your heart.....everything will be fine...just trust. Motherhood starts long before they are born....and continues forever!
Mark and I are thinking about you both! Think positive and keep those feet propped up. I feel like Fred Flintstone with my feet right now...I'll be sending good vibes your way.
Post a Comment