November 13, 2008

Limes!

I have two limes!

This week they have grown to the size of limes! Amazing isn't it?

They have fully formed arms, legs and even ears this week. The next few weeks are huge growth periods. I'm just about out of the 1st trimester which is a major milestone. I'm officially in maternity clothes, even though it's still not completely obvious to others, I definitely don't fit into regular clothes anymore.

The sickness has continued, but has reduced which gives me hope that one day I'll enjoy food again.

EXAMPLE: (on the phone to my mom)
Mom: Hi, what are you doing?
Me: Hi, Oh I'm sitting here... just choking down a fruit cup
Mom: wow, never thought I'd hear that out of the mouth of a Squicciarini... I didn't think it was genetically possible to not like food.
Me: Yeah, I know.... and I'm pissed about it too!


I am still having trouble eating but managing to get a little better as the days pass. Dan is getting excited and today he was talking to "the kids" for the first time! It was funny!

Imagine: Dan, standing a full 9 inches taller than me looking down at the belly, hands cupped around his mouth directing his voice (like that helps?!?!?) and yelling "HEY! Kids! Whatcha doing? I heard you are the size of a lime!" Pretty darn funny.

This brings me to a very funny thought: Dan is an only child and upcoming babyhood will be FULL of so many surprises for him! AKA: He can't even imagine what's coming his way in 6 months.




But honestly, neither can I :)

It's the ultimate choose-your-own-adventure book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, what a good analogy about the choose your own adventure! That makes total sense for this occasion. I wish I lived near by so I can see you through all the changes! this is so exciting! and how cool for Dan and you both that this baby won't be an only child! siblings are totally a gift!

Jason and Jessica said...

You guys are too funny! Reading about Dan talking to the twins cracked me up!

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

So I have a curousity question...are your limes because they are sharing the space or would a baby always be lime sized at this point in the process? This is so exciting to hear updates each step of the way!

Anonymous said...

its so cute thinking of them as size of limes :D you and dan are going to be such great parents!